Southwest Boat Racing Association Bylaws
SWBRA shall be a member club of the American Powerboat Association (APBA), promoting boat racing in the interest of the membership.
Article I. Membership
- Active membership is attained by a candidate presenting a written application accompanied by the appropriate membership fee and shall be active until October 31 of that racing year.
Article II. Dues
- Membership dues are established at a club meeting.
Article III. Dissolution
- In the event of dissolution of the club, the assets shall be distributed equally among the current membership.
Article IV. Officers
- There will be three officers: Commodore, Race Director, and Secretary-Treasurer.
- The term shall be one year ending October 31.
- All officers shall serve without compensation.
- All actions are subject to review by the club membership.
Article V. Duties of the Commodore
- Preside at all meetings.
- Directly responsible to the membership.
Article VI. Duties of Secretary-Treasurer
- Shall have charge of all SWBRA funds
- Maintain a membership list
- Shall make available a financial report at all club meetings
- Preside at meetings if the Commodore and Race Director are absent
- Shall keep the minutes of all meetings and make them available to the membership.
Article VII. Duties of the Race Director
- Preside at meetings if the Commodore is absent.
- Shall be responsible for the arrangements for a race, as follows:
a. Name the date and location of club races
b. Submit a budget for each event
Article VIII. Executive Committee
- Shall consist of the Commodore, Race Director, and Secretary-Treasurer
- Shall serve without compensation
- Shall oversee all activities of SWBRA
Article IX. Voting
- Only members in good standing may vote.
- For the purposes of voting, a simple majority of those members in attendance at a scheduled meeting is required to determine any item voted on.
- Meetings will be conducted using Roberts Rules of Order as a general guideline.
Article X. Nominations and Elections
- Any member in good standing shall qualify for election of all officials.
- Elections will take place at the November meeting.
- Newly elected officers shall start their duties immediately.
Article XI. Amendments
- Amendments of these Bylaws can be accomplished by a two-thirds majority of those members present at any scheduled club meeting.
Approved Feb 23, 2019